We’re making change happen today and every day. Check out our Blog, read local and national News about early childhood, and find recent publications, such as our Annual Report.
- How to Find the Right Early Education and Care Program for Your Child - May 7, 2021
- This is How a Community Comes Together - April 30, 2021
- Momentum is Building for Statewide Affordable Childcare - Help Spread Word - April 28, 2021
- Edward Street Art Exhibit Celebrates the Week of the Young Child - April 8, 2021
- Ask Your State Legislators to Support the Common Start Legislation! - March 25, 2021
- National Report Calls on MA to Increase Preschool Funding - April 18, 2021
- Spring is Bursting Out All Over! - April 5, 2021
- Demand For Child Care Outpaces Supply In Worcester, Despite State Help - December 3, 2020
- Edward Street Child Services Announces Name Change to Edward Street - December 1, 2020
- Coronavirus Put Child Care Industry on the Brink - October 21, 2020
- August 20, 2020
- April 30, 2020 - In early April, Edward Street launched a survey to Worcester-area center-based and home-based providers to learn more about their engagement and contact with families during the Coronavirus pandemic and if they were able to gauge family stress levels. This report summarizes survey responses and findings from April 2020.
- June 18, 2018 - With funding through the Department for Early Education and Care, an updated preschool expansion plan was created which includes updates needs assessment information. The plan was developed in partnership with WPS, community early learning programs, Worcester Community Connections, Seven Hills, Worcester Child Development Head Start, and many other organizations supporting young children and their families.
- June 1, 2016 - Developed with support from the Department of Early Education and Care, this collaborative plan outlines the components and design of expanding high-quality preschool through Worcester's mixed delivery system.