We’re making change happen today and every day. Check out our Blog, read local and national News about early childhood, and find recent publications, such as our Annual Report.
- A Happy and Healthy Halloween for Young Children - October 18, 2021
- Mindfulness Techniques Help Children Live and Learn in the Moment - October 7, 2021
- Business Owners, Help Your Company Succeed by Supporting the Common Start Bill - September 30, 2021
- New Library Spaces Have Young Children Rocketing Towards Learning and Growth - September 15, 2021
- Edward Street’s Day of Play Family Festival Turns 10! Join Our Virtual Anniversary Celebration, September 18-27 - September 7, 2021
- National Report Calls on MA to Increase Preschool Funding - April 18, 2021
- Spring is Bursting Out All Over! - April 5, 2021
- Demand For Child Care Outpaces Supply In Worcester, Despite State Help - December 3, 2020
- Edward Street Child Services Announces Name Change to Edward Street - December 1, 2020
- Coronavirus Put Child Care Industry on the Brink - October 21, 2020
- October 1, 2021 - Finding a Way Together - Hope found a way this year. You found a way. Our collective resilience sustained and lifted all of us. We are one community and together we navigated our way forward. Yet, we still have work to do. Thank you for driving change across our local community and within the Commonwealth, ensuring that young children and their families are valued as part of a thriving community.
- August 20, 2020 - Because of You - You make our work possible. Each day we are motivated by the people we meet and through the projects on which we collaborate. You engage our curiosity. You nudge us to ask more questions. You stand with us when we need the voices of many. In 2019 we made great strides for young children from elevating a community Early Childhood Strategic Plan for Worcester into city leadership circles to crafting an innovative early education apprenticeship program to bolster the workforce to advancing more resources to grow our trauma informed community and resilient classrooms.
- April 30, 2020 - In early April, Edward Street launched a survey to Worcester-area center-based and home-based providers to learn more about their engagement and contact with families during the Coronavirus pandemic and if they were able to gauge family stress levels. This report summarizes survey responses and findings from April 2020.
- June 18, 2018 - With funding through the Department for Early Education and Care, an updated preschool expansion plan was created which includes updates needs assessment information. The plan was developed in partnership with WPS, community early learning programs, Worcester Community Connections, Seven Hills, Worcester Child Development Head Start, and many other organizations supporting young children and their families.