We’re making change happen today and every day. Check out our Blog, read local and national News about early childhood, and find recent publications, such as our Annual Report.
- 12th Annual Day of Play Family Festival Is Happening June 17th at Elm Park - June 6, 2023
- “Equity from the Start” Raises Voices, Awareness - June 1, 2023
- Celebrating Our 140th Anniversary: Looking Back, Growing Forward - May 16, 2023
- Artistic Expression Yields Lifelong Benefits - May 9, 2023
- Summertime Learning & Growth? Absolutely! - April 26, 2023
- Politics and the City: Groups join forces to prevent youth violence in Worcester - April 23, 2023
- Worcester nonprofit Edward Street pushing to structural change in child care funding - February 20, 2023
- United Way of Central Massachusetts, Worcester nonprofits step up during formula crisis - September 20, 2022
- 11th Annual Day of Play Family Festival Returns LIVE September 17th - September 9, 2022
- Children's Can't Afford to Wait. Neither Can We. - April 1, 2022
What’s the current state of childcare in Worcester and statewide? Kim discusses today’s challenges and opportunities, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- March 2, 2023 - You Cared and We are Rebounding - With you, our youngest children began rebounding. We stepped out of the pandemic and found ways to meet the needs of recovery. Together, your partnership supported us in navigating new realities. We accelerated recovery, and re-imagined what our early education and care system needed. We also returned to joy. While we eagerly dove into the work of recovery, we realized again that listening to children held the key to rebounding.
- October 1, 2021 - Finding a Way Together - Hope found a way this year. You found a way. Our collective resilience sustained and lifted all of us. We are one community and together we navigated our way forward. Yet, we still have work to do. Thank you for driving change across our local community and within the Commonwealth, ensuring that young children and their families are valued as part of a thriving community.
- August 20, 2020 - Because of You - You make our work possible. Each day we are motivated by the people we meet and through the projects on which we collaborate. You engage our curiosity. You nudge us to ask more questions. You stand with us when we need the voices of many. In 2019 we made great strides for young children from elevating a community Early Childhood Strategic Plan for Worcester into city leadership circles to crafting an innovative early education apprenticeship program to bolster the workforce to advancing more resources to grow our trauma informed community and resilient classrooms.
- April 30, 2020 - In early April, Edward Street launched a survey to Worcester-area center-based and home-based providers to learn more about their engagement and contact with families during the Coronavirus pandemic and if they were able to gauge family stress levels. This report summarizes survey responses and findings from April 2020.